Regular school attendance is vital to a child’s success. A child who is not in school cannot learn . For this reason,
it is important that all parents make a commitment to see that their child is at school and on time
every day. Please make every effort to adjust doctor’s appointments
and family schedules before/after school hours to minimize time away
- Arizona State law (A.R.S. 15-321) states it is
unlawful for any child between the ages of 6 and 16 to fail to attend
school during the hours school is in session, unless there is a valid
- All student absences must be reported. Parents are responsible for notifying the attendance office (see directions for reporting an absence below) . Title XV of the state law states that it is the responsibility of the parent to notify the school when their child is absent .
- Students will be withdrawn from school upon reaching their tenth consecutive day of unexcused absence.
are considered tardy if they are not in their assigned classroom by
8:00 a.m. Students arriving to school after 8:00 a.m. must check in
through the office for a late pass. Students arriving late for school
must provide a note as to why they are tardy. A telephone call from the
parent giving the reason the student is tardy is also acceptable.
Students who are consistently tardy create disruption to the class and
miss out on valuable instruction.
REPORTING AN ABSENCE
must report the absence of your child/ren, using the procedure below.
Please do not call the school office number to report an absence. You
may report the absence at any time; the line is active 24 hours a day.
- Dial the automated number: (623)842-3947
- When you hear the answer, “Thank you for calling” press 1 immediately.
- When you hear the message: “If you know the extension,” press 1 again.
- Follow the directions, which are as follows:
You will be asked a series of questions. Please wait for the tone to give your response.
- Please state the student’s name and grade level. Press 1 after your response.
- Please state the student’s teacher and room number. Press 1 after your response.
- Please state the reason and date of absence. Press 1 after your response .
- Please state your name and relationship to the student. Press 1 after your response.
Your call is complete. You may hang up.